Training Schedule 2020 (updated 28.05.20) is available for download here.
Preliminary training schedule 2021 is available for download here.
Not only gravity is to blame…
Not only gravity is to blame…
Dropped objects – is the most frequent cause of industrial accidents. Both small screw and huge derrick can fall.
Lack of system approach to equipment operation and control can lead to injuries, fatalities, loss of company assets and long downtime for investigation and damage control. Oil and gas companies are aware of the possible consequences of dropped objects, and develop corporate control and preventive policies.
Experience of such companies as KCA Deutag, Halliburton, Schlumberger, Weatherford, Baker Hughes Shell, Sakhalin Energy, Salym Petroleum shows the possibility of development and implementation of effective preventive system which allows to achieve high production results and prevent incidents regardless equipment origin or operation region.
The new course “DROPPED OBJECTS PREVENTION SYSTEM AT DRILLING AND DOWNHOLE FACILITIES” is developed for managers, drilling, well completion and workover engineers, HSE specialists and field supervisors of oilfield service companies.
During the course you will know:
- Causes of dropped objects. World statistic. Forbidden equipment and practice. How calculate the potential of dropped object.
- Fastening technologies, functional principle and inspection technics. General rules for equipment safety use.
- Equipment maintenance. Methodology for equipment inspection. Illustrated instructions. Third parties’ equipment.
- Working at height and equipment utilization. Pre- and post-operation check. Equipment control at height. Staff fixing.
- High-risk areas in logistic and handling activities. Dunnage. Formation of effective communication lines. The best practices of operation with cargo.
- Dangerous factors at working with tubes. Pre-operation checks. Planning and equipment requirements.
- Work with equipment while drilling and downhole activities. Setting of temporary and permanent facilities. Dealing with third parties’ equipment. Equipment inspection after unscheduled events and modification of terms. Work with drawworks.
- Zoning of sites and its supervision. Effective control (selection of blocks) for different sites. Multiple operations control.
Course consists of theoretical readings and practical tasks that allow reinforcing gain knowledge through simulation and game. Acquired skills and knowledge based on studying of the best world practices are universal for development of corporate dropped object prevention system. All information on personnel management and technological safety meets Russian Law requirements and international standards.
Trainer of the course – Andrey Grigoriev - chief specialist of Academy, expert in petroleum company management and technogenic safety with 12 years’ experience in oil and gas companies such as Rosneft, Surgutneftegas, Salym Petroleum.
Personal achievements – realization of DROPS programs, “Work at height”, “Fire line”, Hands Free, HSE Case, Well Control, implementation of “Safe production culture” at Salym project, personal professional trainings (IWCF, NEBOSH, HAZID, DROPS Training, internal ISO 45001 audit).
Learn to ensure sustainability!Back